Celebrity Chef Dana Herbert is the owner of the multi award winning Desserts by Dana in Newark, DE. Chef Dana is highly sought after by many celebrities, actors, athletes, and political figures including Oprah, Vice President Biden, Ice Cube, and Michael Vick to name a few. Chef Dana is an entrepreneur, author, speaker, and spokesperson. Chef racks up numerous awards and honors being named Top Ten Cake Designers in America, many Best of Awards, participating on the James Beard Celebrity Chef Tour, and cooking at Beard House. Dana is unique in that he trained in both the culinary and pastry.
Chef Dana has attracted massive attention for his big win on TLC’s hit show Cake Boss: Next Great Baker. Chef was also the winner of the Rachael Ray Celebrity Cake Off. Chef Dana has been seen on many networks including and many more. TLC, Food Network, The Cooking Channel and more. Chef has also been featured in Essence, Huffington Post and countless other national magazines and websites.DOWNLOAD DESSERTS BY DANA CHEF HERBERT’S PRESS KIT (PDF)
CHEF DANA AT
CHEF DANA IS...
- The winner of TLC’s Cake Boss:The Next Great Baker Season 1
- An expert pastry and savory chef
- Owner of Desserts by Dana in Delaware
- Cake Designer Expert for Munaluchi Bride
- Columnist for Cuisine Noir Passionate, hardworking, relatable
- A loving husband and father
CHEF DANA'S FOOD IS...
- Is developed from a love of food, family, and fun. “We all ate at the table together.”
- Comforting, accessible and full of flavor.
- Built on simple, straightforward, sweet and savory flavors that are easy to recreate at home
WHY CHEF DANA...
- Chef Dana will increase consumer attention to the brand through television, print, and online media channels
- Chef Dana is an inspiration to home cooks and professionals alike
- Chef Dana is the epitome of a passionate, strong and nurturing professional, but with a competitive edge
CHEF DANA'S SIGNATURE STYLE...
- Food combinations that blur the lines of sweet and savory
- Simple recipes that are understandable for home cooks, yet intriguing to foodies and suitable for a busy life on-the-go
- Appropriate for entertaining at parties, but simple enough to be served at home
CHEF DANA IS DEDICATED TO...
- Bringing families back to the dinner table. “It’s the one place where you could find everyone”
- Encouraging cooks and foodies to be fearless in the kitchen. There is such a world as flavor.
- Inspiring everyone to follow their dreams. “Do what makes you happy and you will succeed.”
- His favorite chefs are Masuharu Morimoto, Gordon Ramsey, and Ewald Notter
- Chef’s heritage and ethnicity is African American
- Chef Dana’s favorite cookbooks are the “Professional Pastry Chef” by Bo Friberg and “Charlie Trotters” by Charlie Trotter
THE CHEF DANA EXPERIENCE
Dana Herbert, owner of Desserts by Dana, resides in Bear, Delaware. Chef Dana lives and breathes in the sweet and artistic world of pastry art, where flavor and color come to life in his wonderful wedding cakes, sugar sculptures, custom cakes, and tasty miniature desserts for all occasions.
Dana is a 1998 graduate of the University of Delaware (UD) with a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management. Chef Dana continued his education at Johnson and Wales University (JWU), where he completed a second Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts and an additional Associates of Arts
Chef Dana attracted massive attention for his big win on TLC’s hit show Cake Boss: Next Great Baker, which premiered in December 2010. He also was invited to work in Hoboken with the Cake Boss himself, Buddy Valastro and can be seen in some of the awesome episodes of Cake Boss. Chef Dana has also been featured on Food Networks Cake Wars and Halloween Wars, The Cooking Channel’s Cake Hunters, WEtv ‘s Wedding Cake Wars, and TLC’s Ultimate Cake Off. Dana’s has been seen in a number of other media outlets nationally and internationally on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CN8 and more. Dana’s features and recipes have been seen in numerous magazines including the Huffington Post, Essence, Fitness Magazine, Celebrity Cooking, Catering Magazine, Chef Magazine, and dozens more. In 2013, Dana was named as one of the Top Ten Cake Artist by Dessert Professional Magazine in 2013 and graced its cover in 2012.
When it comes to burning in the kitchen Dana is an expert. Dana is trained in both Culinary and Pastry Arts which makes him a double threat in any kitchen. Dana’s love for blending his sweet and savory style caught the eye of James Beard which led to his invitation to join the James Beard Celebrity Chef Tour and the James Beard House. Dana has authored a book titled The Sweet and Savory Union is a result of his love for blurring the lines between sweet and savory. Chef also tours the country with Novo Nordisk educating people with Diabetes on how they can make their culinary creations delicious, nutritious, and sensible for a sugar free diet. Dana feels as though the key to living a long life starts with everything in moderation, and balance.
Dana and his creations are sought after by a number of celebrities. He has made cakes for some of the nations’ greatest athletes and stars including Oprah Winfrey, Vice President Biden, Smokin’ Joe Frazier, Ice Cube, Michael Vick, Asante Samuels, Bart Scott, Jimmy Rollins, Dick Vermeil, Tye Tribbett, Christopher Williams and jazz great, Najee.
Chef Dana is married to his wife Netesha and have three beautiful daughters, Siani, Jasmine,
|Cooking Channel||Cake Hunters||2015|
|Food Network||Cake Wars||2015|
|Rachael Ray||Nate Berkus' Wedding |
|Better||Chef Dana Makes a Caramelized |
|Food Network||Halloween Wars||Oct 12|
|TLC||Next Great Baker||2010|
|Wetv||My Fair Wedding with |
|TLC||Ultimate Cake Off||Oct 08|
|Wetv||Wedding Cake Wars||Sep 08|