Please be advised that delivery times cannot be guaranteed. All timed requests will be noted and prioritized, however, DBD cannot guarantee a specific delivery time. In an effort to maximize efficiency, DBD reserves the right to reschedule deliveries after customer’s consent.
Once the cake is set up, accepted by a person in-charge, and DBD employees have left the premises, we are no longer responsible for anything that happens to the cake.
Concerns regarding cake design, flavors, etc. must be made on the next business day and DBD will do our best to contact you within 24 hours.
We are not responsible for any damage incurred to a cake due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen events that are out of our control. We make every effort to make sure your cake is delivered in perfect condition; however, sometimes unforseen events will occur.
Customer MUST inspect their cake and any concerns regarding cake design must be made at the time of pick-up. Design changes that were not originally agreed upon at the time of booking will NOT be made. If for any reason design changes are made by customer’s request and not as a result of DBD’s error, there will be an additional fee if staff and time permit.
Once a cake has been picked up by you or a designated party it is considered “accepted”. All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves Desserts by Dana premises.
Concerns regarding cake’s flavors must be made within the next business day and DBD will do our best to contact you within 24 hours.
We recommend delivery on any large custom, 3D cakes, or tiered cakes. If you choose to pick up your cake, please keep the following in mind:
- Any time you pick up a cake, it is always a good idea to have a large flat area in your vehicle dedicated for transporting the cake. We will be happy to help carry your cake out to your car if requested. Putting cakes on people’s laps or on the seat of your car is NEVER recommended. The floor of your car is often the best place for putting a cake. For full sheet or tiered cakes, you should make arrangements to pick up your cake in an SUV or van. If possible, bring a friend to help.
- Drive slow, keep your car COLD.
- Keep your cake in a cool area out of direct sunlight until serving.
- Cake and icing are very fragile. Speeding, going over bumps, slamming on the brakes, a wobbly table, someone bumping the table, leaving it in the car in hot weather, leaving it in your warm home in hot weather can cause damage that we are not responsible for.
- If any of the above occur after you have picked up the cake which results in damage to the cake, we will not be responsible for any of the damage or consequential damages or expenses that you incur.
- We might be able to repair it, but you may incur
- We’ve had lots of customers pick up their 3D and tiered cakes without a problem, but please keep in mind we are not responsible if damage occurs to your cake.